Thursday, June 25, 2009

Back to Normal

As I said in earlier post, I was concerned about the setback in my workout. It was a legitimate concern to me cuz next weekend is my first reality check, on Mt Shasta, to all of my training so far.

Anyway, so last week I did my usual hike to Mission Peak. This time was with the new backpack, a huge one and with 4 gallons (33.36 lbs) of water, plus other things. I made it to the peak, at 2 hours and 30 mins. Way slower than normal speed. I had to take breaks in between and did not think I could make it to the top. Some people on the trail said I was crazy and joked that the pack is was bigger than me. It's almost true :). But in the end I was extremely glad I made it there and with no back injury. I exceeded my goal by a bit.

This weekend I will repeat the hike, and definitely need to cut down the time and breaks.

No comments: