Wednesday, May 6, 2009

One Step Forward (to the Next Challenge)

I received Melanie's email yesterday informing me that the doctor finally approved my application and that no further information is needed. Good thing there is no more approval in the process, only money talks now.

She also sent a spreadsheet with cost breakdown. There is not much to it, just 3 lines, one for the cost, one for the wire fee (bank transfer) and the total. Very simple but the information it carries is excruciatingly heavy, equivalent to a 2009 Porsche Boxster.

I need to put down the deposit first to secure a spot, and this money is only refundable (less a hefty admin fee in case I cannot make it) 3 months prior to the expedition.

The total cost must be paid in full at least 90 days before the beginning of the trip.

Time to get the finance stuff going.

No comments: